Can’t think of a thing to do? Below are a few suggestions of things to do while on Plum Island:
- Go to the beach. Plum island has some beautiful beaches. Just remember to bring the sunscreen.
- Surf. Whether it’s your boogie board or a long board, you can surf off Plum Island with the right conditions.
- Fish. Plum Island still remains one of the best striper fishing areas in the state. And if you do, don’t forget to get your bait and other fishing supplies at Surfland Bait and Tackle.
- Bird watch. Visit the Parker River Wildlife Refuge, the 3rd largest bird preserve on the east coast.
- Have breakfast at Mad Martha’s. If you haven’t discovered it by now, you’re missing out.
- Kayak. Whether it’s ocean kayaking or kayaking through the estuaries, Plum Island has something for everyone.
- Go fly a kite. Wind conditions are usually good coming off the ocean, so take advantage of the wind power!
- Have dinner at one of the island’s several restaurants:
- Visit the Plum Island lighthouse.
- While not quite on the island, the Mass Audubon Joppa Flats Education Center offers many programs for local avian lovers.
- Take a fishing boat charter with Captain’s Fishing Parties or one of the other private fishing charters.
- Relax! You’re on an island, so why do anything at all? Take it easy and do nothing!
Other suggestions? We’d love to hear from you!